This past weekend, I decided to try out some keto-tastic recipes, and have not been able to get them out of my head. Delicious!! So I thought I'd share with you.
Saturday night I made keto pizza. Because what is Saturday night without junk food, anyway? Or at least pseudo junk food! Check this baby out:
|It was so hot it steamed up my camera|
Julia gave me the recipe for the crust - I translated it to the following.
- 1.5 cups mozzarella or similar
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut flour (though Julia used 3/4 cup almond flour and 1 egg, works just as well!)
- seasonings (I used garlic powder and salt)
- 1 dash of water
- Microwave the mozzarella and cream cheese until melty and pliable
- Mix the egg and flour with seasonings
- Mix it all together (you may need to microwave it a bit to get it to mix better)
- Spread on parchment paper pretty thin, bake at 190 C until a nice light brown
I wouldn't bother with a proper crust, I tried to do it but then got out more sauce to cover it, as it was a bit different of a texture to regular pizza.
Once you've got the base, cover with sauce, cheese and your favourite toppings!
It was delicious, and I could only eat half of it, perfect for Sunday leftovers!
Then, on Sunday I made some breakfast muffins for the week. They are so delicious, and even with broccoli and olives in them, Sarah requested some for her to eat! That, my friends, is saying something.
I found the recipe on Pinterest, and changed it according to what I had in the cupboards. I'll put that recipe in here, but obv put whatever you'd like in it!
Makes 8 muffins
- 2 slices of salami, sliced into small bits
- 1 cup broccoli florets (or other veggie)
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons of cream cheese
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 10 or so olives, sliced
- salt & pepper to taste
- half a cup of cheddar cheese, grated
Boil the broccoli until soft, cut into smaller pieces
Mix everything together
Spray non-stick onto a muffin tray, and fill as many as you can until about 1 cm from the top of each
Cook at 190 C (I cook everything pretty much at 190) for 10 minutes, or until slightly toasted
Just seriously amazing. And only like 75 cals / 0.5 carbs per muffin! Go on, have 3.
But, I also had an epic Pinterest fail this weekend. I tried to make 'Better than Goldfish' keto crackers, and... well, I'm not sure what I did wrong, except potentially not put the batter in the fridge long enough?
Anyway, here's what it is supposed to look like, and what it ended up looking like.
It's just too ugly not to laugh, really.
I'm 29.8 pounds down again, and am hoping to break into the 30s this week. Only 8 weeks to go until the dress fitting. Feeling and looking better than I have in ages, and am generally loving it.
Have a happy Tuesday night!