Because Monday's stresses call for some warm, filling comfort food, I hope you'll try my spaghetti and meatballs! With Valentine's Day coming up tomorrow, what better way to recreate that scene from Lady and the Tramp than by making your very own scrumptious dish?
What You'll Need (for 2 Large Portions):
- Ground beef
- Marinara Sauce
- 1 Medium onion, chopped finely
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 2 Tablespoons Basil
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- 2 Slices worth White Bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 Egg
1. Put some olive oil in the base of a saucepan and place the onion in - heat up and stir until onion is brown, and then add the garlic to cook for one more minute or so. Divide mixture in half, and put one half to cool in a large bowl. Pour the marinara sauce into the saucepan on top of the mixture, stir to distribute, and bring to the boil, then to simmer. Add half the basil and all of the sugar, and leave simmering. *Tip (which may be obvious but I didn't realise: Cover the pan, or your entire kitchen will be turned orange!!)
3. Put flour on a clean surface, and roll the mixture into evenly sized balls of your preference. I usually end up with 6 or so large meatballs. Roll the balls in flour. Put oil into a heated skillet and brown the meatballs on all sides.
4. Add the sauce to the pan, covering the meatballs. Let it simmer for 5-7 minutes, until the meatballs are brown the whole way through.
Now all that's left to do is add the meatballs and sauce to the spaghetti (and more parmesan cheese, of course), round up your lover, family or flatmate, and eat a warm and yummy meal!!
|Thiiiiiis is the night, such a beauuuuutiful night, and they caaaall it Beeeeeella Noche|
Chef Laura xo
Next week I'll be baking banana bread - it got great reviews from my colleagues at work today, and from Sarah, who doesn't even really like bananas! I can't wait to share it with you!
|Like a boss.|