Last week you’ll remember I promised my scrumptious banana bread recipe this week – so here it is!! Your friends and family will go ‘ape’ over this snack/dessert!
What you’ll need to make one loaf:
- · 1 egg
- · 2 very ripe bananas (mashed)
- · 4 ounces sour cream
- · ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- · 4 tablespoons butter
- · 1 cup white sugar
- · 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- · 1/8 teaspoon salt
- · 1 teaspoon baking soda
- · 1 1/3 cups plain flour
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and the rest of the sugar. Mix in eggs, bananas, sour cream, vanilla and the rest of the cinnamon. Finally, mix in the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Finally, pour the mixture into the pan, and bake for 1 hour. It is finished when a toothpick comes out clean in the centre.
I hope you enjoy this banana bread as much as I did. It’s been tried and tested, and the consensus was that the dish will drive you ‘bananas’!
Yes, I’m terribly cheesy, but I’m actually craving banana bread now! Off to make some more…