Monday 20 February 2012

Tips & Recipes From An UN-Domestic Goddess: Ape-tastic Banana Bread!!



Last week you’ll remember I promised my scrumptious banana bread recipe this week – so here it is!! Your friends and family will go ‘ape’ over this snack/dessert! 

What you’ll need to make one loaf:
  • ·         1 egg
  • ·         2 very ripe bananas (mashed)
  • ·         4 ounces sour cream
  • ·         ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
  • ·         4 tablespoons butter
  • ·         1 cup white sugar
  • ·         1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • ·         1/8 teaspoon salt
  • ·         1 teaspoon baking soda
  • ·         1 1/3 cups plain flour

  1.  Preheat oven to 150 degrees C (300 F) and grease one loaf tin (mine was about 7x4 inches). In a small bowl, mix 1.5 tablespoons sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, then dust the pan lightly with the mixture.
  2. In a large bowl, cream the butter and the rest of the sugar. Mix in eggs, bananas, sour cream, vanilla and the rest of the cinnamon. Finally, mix in the flour, baking soda, and salt.
  3. Finally, pour the mixture into the pan, and bake for 1 hour. It is finished when a toothpick comes out clean in the centre.



I hope you enjoy this banana bread as much as I did. It’s been tried and tested, and the consensus was that the dish will drive you ‘bananas’!

OMG yum
Yes, I’m terribly cheesy, but I’m actually craving banana bread now! Off to make some more…

Bon appétit!
Laura xo

6 comments:

  1. Omg.... That looks so delish.... Love love love bananas..... Yummmmmie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this looks amazing! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!

    Stopping over from the 'I love my Online Friends Monday Hop'.

    That banana bread looks absolutely perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Put that on the list of things for you to make us when you come home for Christmas! :D xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg that looks amazing, it's made me hungry! I absolutely love banana loaf, but I would never eat a banana by itself, I hate them :p
    S xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading our blog and taking the time to comment - we love hearing from you! ♥