Tuesday 18 September 2018

Review: Serenity Beauty - Time To Relax!

As a new Mum it's hard to justify 'me time' but when we were contacted out of the blue by Kirsty at Serenity Beauty, about a facial treatment that refreshes and rejuvenates the skin we were interested to know more.

After a brief conversation we were invited by Kirsty of Serenity Beauty Solihull to come and try the Dermalogica Active Resurface 35 which takes 75 minutes and includes a cleanse, exfoliation, face and shoulder massage, masque, serum, eye cream and moisturise oh and scalp and hand massage.


I can honestly say my face has never felt so good!

The experience happened in Kirsty's home treatment room. From the moment you walk in the front door of her home I instantly felt relaxed. Situated in a quiet street in Hall Green you aren't faced with any of the usual parking drama or fees. You rock up, are welcomed by the lovely and super friendly Kirsty and walk into a calm, warm space to start the consultation. (On a side note if you are looking for interior design inspiration Kirsty's house is gorgeous!) Unlike most spa's where you are 'slotted' in this experience felt personal.

The consultation started with a few questions about me and my beauty regime. Based on a lack of time my regime is non-existent right now so answering the questions was simple :) Once we had run through problem areas and what I wanted to get from the facial Kirsty checked out my skin. It was confirmed that my skin was dehydrated - I really need to get back on drinking more water - and in good need of TLC.

Kirsty talked through every stage of the treatment and explained the benefits, this would have been really interesting had I not been in a state of complete relaxation. I'm not sure how many times I nodded off but I don't remember being that chilled out since before I got pregnant.

The exfoliation part was definitely effective, my skin was tingling during the treatment and felt great on. I literally felt my skin feel better.

Action Shot!
In fact after the treatment was skin looked and felt great for days. The relaxation lasted even longer. I slept so well that evening too. I think the massage element was an extra benefit, the tension in my neck and shoulders from breastfeeding had been eased and I was standing straighter. I felt thoroughly taken care of.

I'm not usually a big fan of pampering myself but this facial has me seriously reconsidering. The down time, the adult conversation, taking care of myself and the relaxation were all needed more than I realised.
Thoroughly relaxed

Before leaving we checked out the full list of services that range from nail treatments to massage, fake tans to lash treatments and lifts (Laura's going to try this), pedicures to waxing. You can check them out here.

And best of all you get 20% off your first treatment!



A bit about Dermalogica:
'The Moment Your Skin Changed. Forever.

When Dermalogica meets skin, skin health is redefined. Dermalogica is the number one choice of skin care professionals and consumers worldwide. Why? Because for over 25 years, we’ve been dedicated to delivering skin health results through education, innovation, and professional recommendation, not through sparkly packaging, promises of miracle cures, or overblown hype.

For years, Dermalogica’s formulas have pioneered new standards for product performance. Using only the finest ingredients available, all Dermalogica products are non-comedogenic and contain no occlusive mineral oil or lanolin, no irritating artificial colors or fragrance, and no drying S.D. alcohol.'

My treatment:
Dermalogica Active Resurface 35 – (75 minutes)

An advanced resurfacing treatment, the Dermalogica Active Resurface 35 features a cocktail of advanced cosmeceutical ingredients. The treatment is completely customised to your skin’s requirements, providing intense resurfacing to stimulate cell renewal and cell turnover whilst helping to treat some of the most prevalent skin concerns (pigmentation, dehydration and congestion).

Exfoliation is one of the most effective treatments for addressing major skin concerns. With maturity, our skin’s natural desquamation process slows, causing a build-up of dead cells on the skin’s surface. This decrease in cell turnover is also accompanied by a slowdown in the cell renewal rate. So, therefore, is perfect for signs of ageing and prevention.

A unique benefit of the Active Resurface 35 treatment is the lack of inflammation, tissue damage and peeling generally associated with intense resurfacing treatments.

Treatment includes consultation. double cleanse, resurface exfoliation, extractions, face and shoulder massage, masque, scalp and hand massage, serum, eye cream and moisturise.

So if you are based in Birmingham, Solihull or surrounding areas and looking for a great experience and amazing treatment check out Kirsty on Facebook here or on Instagram here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading our blog and taking the time to comment - we love hearing from you! ♥