Tuesday 4 March 2014

UNICEF Tap Project

Have you heard of the UNICEF Tap Project?

I was told about it the other day, and just think it's great.

The concept is, for every 10 minutes that you don't touch your phone, Giorgio Armani (or one of the many other sponsors) donate enough to provide one child's clean water for a day. So while you're not checking every social media under the sun (or at least not on your phone, just on your tablet/computer), you're doing good - for your sanity, for the attention of whatever you should be doing, and for the world.

I decided to try it out - I went to the website, it instructed me to set down my phone, and has a running timer telling you how long it has been. It tells you interesting facts about how many children are in need of clean water, and urges you to continue, and to not stop. Currently, my timer is at... 1 hour 51 minutes. So, that means I've helped provide 11 children with clean water today!

The only suggestion I have is that you do this on wifi and when you have a phone charger, as it does eat the battery a bit (and probably your data usage). Obviously you could also donate money to UNICEF to help, but if you'd like to feel a bit better each day while at work, or have it plugged in overnight, why not visit the site?

www.uniceftapproject.org is the place to go - check it out!

1 comment:

  1. I did this too.... In one go I managed 3 hrs something but in total as I did it several times I hit the 10 hr mark.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading our blog and taking the time to comment - we love hearing from you! ♥